Monday, January 22, 2007

First Order of Business

Todd mentioned that we need to think of a camp name. Eran suggested we employ both onomatopoeia and synesthesia. That sounded like an awful lot of work to me so I employed the use of some name generators. On www.brassgoggles.com there is a Steampunk name generator. When I typed in 'burning man' I got 'Isiah Moody' or 'General Isiah Moody' if he wanted to enlist. If you type in 'Burning Man' you get a different name, 'Alistair Beard'. Not particularly interesting. If you're looking for a nickname for the event this is a decent place. Matt's name came up 'Phineas Muggeridge' which I like. Nat's is 'Arabella Barton' but I think she's going to stick with 'The Great Leslie'. Christen (for now) came up 'Amethyst Barman'.
At another site I found the Dark Ritual Generator: www.seventhsanctum.com presumably for roll playing games. It's random and dark. I liked;
Transfiguration of Souls, Incantation of Soulless Fiends, and Insane Messiah's Evocation of Heaven. Get out your 2o-sided die! Not very BM though. Maybe after the sun goes down and the shrooms come up.

No comments: