Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Making art out of trash

We (the Baron and Baroness, Fate and I) were sitting around riffing some more on art for the burn last Sunday. We thought it might be cool to create a large stained-glass-like piece of art of The Green Man using clear plastic from packages that you would normally throw away. Like the obnoxious trays that Trader Joe's packages all of their fruit and veggies into. Or soda bottles. There are cool shapes everywhere!


We haven't figured out how we would assemble the pieces together, or how we would color the clear plastic, or much more than this, but that'll get figured out. It would be a curtain or wall for the camp. Fate and I have started collecting plastic items already. It's amazing how much trash our family of four generates.

I've also got my co-workers in on it. This could get out of hand...

1 comment:

Mr. Alchemystic said...

fucking great idea! i blew my wad and posted another blog, though now i realize what i was supposed to do was post a comment to yours. i'll learn soon. oh, i will be so hooked soon. i'm going to become the blog-man. this is gonna be bigger than pegging your pants. mark my words.