Thursday, March 29, 2007

Good news from the Perambulator workshop! I've finally convinced my sibling, Mr Hoarder of All to allow us to borrow this sweet ride for our project. It needs a little work to get it running again but it will be plenty powerful enough and should save us a lot of money and time. The downside is that he'll want the cart back when we're done with it. Presumably looking the same way as when he lent it to us.
The bad news is where it's currently located. For those of you that don't know, my brother is a hoarder to the highest degree. Mostly cars and parts but he also has a lot of furniture and rusty old tools. The problem is that a lot of this crap is between the cart and the free world. In the pic to the left(click to zoom), of the side of his house, you can see the cart in the background. The exit gate is behind the camera. 1. Is a non-running '70 Mustang. 2. Is a running '71 Torino. 3. Is a questionable 70's pick-up and 4. is a trailer made from an old pickup bed. All running cars share the same battery. Between 2 and 3 are 8 derelict automatic transmissions. I've been meeting with professionals all week and plan to make a cart rescue attempt on Sat.. I will report any successes. Failure is not an option. Following this recovery I will be ramping up the work schedule for the Perambulator for those that would like to assist with it's creation. Wish me luck.
-Professor Fate, Search and Rescue

1 comment:

Xander said...

Sweet mother of God, man. You'll never get out of there alive!

If this can wait until Sunday, I can donate my services all day. If not, I can donate my services anyway.

Good luck.