Monday, May 28, 2007

Salvation!

Memorial Day sale - 50% off clothing and linen, we go in.

What can we find in a ghetto salv-army that could be steam punk and burnin'? Or, how cheap can our steam-punk be?
We figure accessories - lots of buckles and such - will be key. I find this belt with a powerful emblem.

We find a bunch of other clothing - a tan shirt with buckles, a black layered skirt that has shorts underneath (Lauren loves wearing that stuff). I find a very appropriate vest that too small for me (I'll bring it to the meet-up last-next week). I get a grandma frock with a buckle pattern to it that I hope to split down the front and turn into some sort of coat - or something.



Then we also find a pair of curtains - a velvety-shiny texture with a victorian pattern - $5 each. This will be great for Perambulator upholstery.



At $8, the belt was the most expensive thing we got.

2 comments:

Magpie said...

Nice score! Love the belt.

Magpie said...

The fabric is perfect for the seats.